Based on our reviews, here are the top ten best laptops under $200.
Laptops aren’t cheap, even after years of technological advancement. You prepare yourself to live with a light wallet for months when you go out to buy a laptop for personal or professional use.
Do they, or do they not? Well, here’s some great news for anyone looking to bring home a low-cost laptop that won’t break down under pressure: many top computer manufacturers have released low-cost laptops for under—wait for it—$200!
You may have previously come across laptops priced under $300, and assumed that was the best deal anyone in this market could offer you. Today, however, you can find inexpensive laptops from well-known brands like Acer, ASUS, Dell, HP, Lenovo, and Samsung.
Other brands, such as CHUWI, have emerged to compete with the market leaders, offering products with features that appear impossible to achieve at such a low price. To put it another way, if you’re looking for a cheap laptop, you’ll be spoiled for choice.
One word of caution: laptops under $200 are not without their drawbacks. They have limited processing muscle that will suffice for day-to-day tasks, but they won’t be able to help you with intensive tasks like graphics design, programming, animation, or video editing. gaming.
While laptops in this league have a number of advantages, not the least of which is excellent portability, they may not be for everyone. Many of these laptops are designed to be used as a tablet, which limits the display’s brilliance.
Let’s look at a few key points about cheap laptops under $200 and how to get one, if at all possible. We’ve also compiled a list of ten recommendations that are both reliable and wise purchases for a variety of needs ranging from home to travel.
- Is a Laptop Under $200 a Good Fit for Your Lifestyle?
The 10 Best Laptops Under $200 in 2021, According to Us
- 1. ASUS Laptop L210 Ultra-Thin Laptop
- 2. Samsung Chromebook 4 Laptop Under $200
- 3. Lenovo Chromebook Duet
- 4. HP 14a-na0020nr Chromebook
- Under $200 Lenovo IdeaPad 1 (11”, AMD) Laptop
- Under $200: ASUS CX22NA-BCLN4 11.6′′ Chromebook
- 7. Acer Chromebook 311 CB311-9H-C12A
- 8. Asus C423NA Chromebook
- 9. Lenovo 100e Chromebook
- 10. HP Stream 11 Laptop
- Must-Have Features in Cheap Laptops Under $200
- Closing Note
Is a Laptop Under $200 a Good Fit for Your Lifestyle?
The market now offers several laptops that cost under $200 or thereabouts, thanks to low-cost components (that still manage to be high-quality) and manufacturers who prioritize cost-effectiveness. If you belong to one of the following user groups, they will most likely adapt to your lifestyle: But how useful will such items be to you?
- Students:Do you primarily use your laptop to take notes and complete homework assignments? These laptops can be excellent buys, saving you money that can be put toward a variety of other college expenses. (Note: If you’re studying arts, software development, or another course that requires you to perform CPU-intensive operations on your computer, this won’t work.)
- Professionals: Unless you’re a creative professional, a techie, or someone who needs to run complex software on a regular basis, these basic laptops will suffice for everyday tasks such as checking e-mail, browsing the internet, and making voice or video calls.
- Travelers:These laptops are ideal travel companions because they prioritize portability and ease of use. You can take them with you on vacations to keep you connected, entertained, and backed up.
- Budget-watchers:Cheap laptops are good options for first computing devices, gifting, home-based use, and so on because this category undoubtedly covers a large number of people. After all, not everyone wants their computer to serve as a one-stop shop for cameras, hard drives, projection screens, and the kitchen sink. You won’t have to pay a fortune, but your basic functions will be taken care of.
The 10 Best Laptops Under $200 in 2021, According to Us
However, several brands have released devices that are both accessible and affordable, and we’ll go over which ones are the best for you. Finding high-quality laptops for less than $200 sounds like a dream come true.
1. ASUS Laptop L210 Ultra-Thin Laptop
If you are looking for a cheaper and portable laptop Take a look at the ASUS Laptop L210 if you want to stay connected to your work while on the go.
It also has an 180-degree lay-flat hinge for easy collaboration. It has a small and light design, weighing in at less than 2.2 pounds. It allows you to maximize your productivity by allowing you to create content even while on the move.
It is powered by an Intel Celeron N4020 processor and has a small form factor. Despite the lower price, the device comes with a stunning ASUS NumberPad for a more intuitive number-tapping experience. 11.6” HD slim display for unmatched user experience.
In terms of overall performance, the 64GB eMMC flash storage and 4GB RAM ensure that you get the most out of your device, even when working on complex tasks. It runs in S Mode on Windows 10.
2. Samsung Chromebook 4 Laptop Under $200
Isn’t it true that we all enjoy a little extra? The Samsung Chromebook 4 is another device that you won’t be sorry for buying.
The device features a compact and lightweight With a 13.3″ display, it’s easier to carry the device around without having to do any heavy lifting.
Military-grade durability is also present on the device’s exterior.
The longer battery life of up to 12.5 hours is the best feature of this device. For advanced security, the device comes with multiple layers of built-in anti-virus protection right out of the box.
It doesn’t let you down when it comes to performance and productivity, even at such a low price point. The device also has Google Assistant built in and runs on Chrome OS, ensuring a smooth user experience.
The device uses an Intel Celeron N4000 processor as its processor. It has wireless connectivity of the type 801.11ac and memory options of 4GB RAM.
3. Lenovo Chromebook Duet
Lenovo is a brand that stands out when it comes to low-cost, high-performance devices. The Lenovo Chromebook Duet is yet another excellent example of this.
It’s a Chromebook that can be used for a variety of tasks. as a laptop and as a tablet, whenever you need it.
The device comes with a beautiful plug-and-play keyboard that allows you to work around it whenever you need to.
For crisp and clear visuals, the device has a 10.1″ FHD IPS display with a 1080p screen resolution. It is powered by the MediaTek Helio P60T processor, which ensures fast and secure performance and productivity all day.
The display features a smooth 10-point multi-touch touchscreen that can be used in tablet mode as well.
Chrome OS is used to run it. Storage is provided by a 64GB eMMC SSD, and memory is provided by 4GB RAM.
4. HP 14a-na0020nr Chromebook
When it comes to creating highly functional and stylish laptops, HP is undoubtedly one of the best brands.
The HP 14a-na0020nr Chromebook is a reasonably priced device with a portable design that allows you to take it with you when you’re on the go.
It has a multi-touch touchpad as well as a keyboard. backlit keyboard that keeps your productivity in check.
The device is also made with environmentally friendly materials, particularly the mercury-free and low-halogen display panel. In terms of performance, the device is equipped with an Intel processor and a 14-inch display that allows you to fully appreciate the visuals.
The device also has a memory capacity of 32GB eMMC and 4GB RAM, making it a good choice for students. If you’re on a budget, the device’s stunning and lightweight design makes it a worthwhile purchase.
Under $200 Lenovo IdeaPad 1 (11”, AMD) Laptop
Lenovo has a long history of producing devices that are both affordable and extremely functional.
Aside from the compact 11-inch display, the device has a small and lightweight design that makes it easier to transport.
Paired with the AMD processorIn terms of storage and memory, it has a 64 GB eMMC and 4 GB RAM option. , the device has a battery life of up to 7 hours, which is quite impressive, especially when it comes to longer periods of performance and productivity.
The display panel has a 768p screen resolution and an anti-glare feature to protect your eyesight. The operating system is Windows 10 Home in S mode, which allows for all-day productivity.
Under $200: ASUS CX22NA-BCLN4 11.6′′ Chromebook
The ASUS CX22NA-BCLN4 Chromebook is next on our list of the best devices under $200.
Even so, it comes with a 11.6-inch display that offers crisp, clear visuals and 100% accurate color reproduction.
It is powered by Google Chrome OS, which may be unfamiliar to Windows users.
It has 16GB of eMMC flash memory and 4GB of RAM for seamless multitasking. The Intel Celeron N3350 processor powers the device, which is powerful enough to support your college work and get you through the requirements from beginning to end.
The only disadvantage of this device is that the display panel lacks narrow bezels, taking up the majority of the available space. It has a good battery life, so you can work for long periods of time without having to recharge it.
7. Acer Chromebook 311 CB311-9H-C12A
The Acer Chromebook 311 CB311-9H-C12A is a relatively inexpensive and affordable option for Acer users.
Everything is integrated into the device, making it easier for you to keep track of the smooth functions and operations.
The device also includes a built-in anti-virus, allowing you to keep your data private and secure.
Apart from that, the device is equipped with a 32GB eMMC flash storage and 4GB RAM for improved multitasking performance. The Chromebook has a 11.6-inch HD display and is powered by an Intel Celeron N4000 processor for smoother and more consistent performance.
It also comes with an extra 100GB of Google Drive storage space to keep your data safe. In terms of productivity, the device has a battery life of 10 hours, allowing you to work for longer periods of time.
8. Asus C423NA Chromebook
The Asus C423NA Chromebook is another affordable Chromebook worth considering. Unlike the others, this one has a full-fledged game mode. 14-inch anti-glare display To protect your eyes, it has narrow bezels and an anti-glare coating.
The Intel Dual-Core Celeron N3350 Processor powers the device, allowing you to enjoy superior and snappy performance like no other.
It is equipped with an 802.11 Dual Band Wireless-AC 22 WLAN as well as Bluetooth 4.0 for improved wireless connectivity.
Because of the lightweight design and high-quality battery life, it is ideal for users on the go. It has a 64GB SSD and 4GB RAM for increased productivity and performance throughout the day.
9. Lenovo 100e Chromebook
There are several affordable Chromebooks available from Lenovo The Lenovo 100e Chromebook is unquestionably one of the best.
It is also supported by the It’s powered by an AMD A-series chipset, which is a fairly uncommon option in laptops nowadays. This Chromebook is one of the few Lenovo models with a 11.6-inch HD LCD display with a resolution of 768p. AMD Raden R4 Graphics for crisp visuals.
It is one of the feature devices, with 32GB of eMMC flash storage and 4GB of RAM for memory. From the start, you’ll be hooked on the combination of USB Gen 3.1 and Type-C ports. Aside from the device’s basic configuration, it also stands out for its connectivity options.
It is powered by Chrome OS and has wireless connectivity options of 802.11a/b/g/n/ac.
10. HP Stream 11 Laptop
HP’s devices never fail to impress, and the HP Stream 11 is no exception. Despite the lower price point, the brand has managed to redefine productivity with the device’s latest technologies and features.
The Stream 14 comes with a 11.6-inch HD display with a resolution of 768p. It is powered by an Intel Celeron processor and features Intel UHD graphics for crisp, clear visuals that are unmatched in the market.
It has a 64GB eMMC and 4GB RAM for a more seamless and fluid multitasking experience.
The device runs Windows 10 Home in S mode and is equipped with the most up-to-date wireless connectivity and I/O ports to ensure consistent performance throughout the day.
Must-Have Features in Cheap Laptops Under $200
What benefits can you get from cheap, mediocre laptops? Do not be persuaded by a brand that $200 is insufficient to cover the essentials. First and foremost, do not succumb to this line of reasoning. Today, a $200 investment can get you a laptop that meets your everyday processing needs without breaking the bank. You only need to keep an eye out for the following necessities:
- Processor and OS:Look for a fast processor (such as an Intel dual-core or quad-core processor) and a smart operating system, such as Chrome OS or Windows 10. This will make tasks like opening documents and presentations easier, as well as navigating through multiple browser tabs.
- RAM and Storage:Of course, external drives and the cloud can usually be used to supplement storage. Don’t go for anything less than 4GB of RAM and 32GB of storage if at all possible. This amount of memory is required to keep booting and loading times to a minimum.
- Display:The majority of laptops in this price range have HD displays. You’ll be able to connect to external displays and expand your viewing horizons if your computer has USB ports and HDMI (which it should). Anti-glare panels and features like night mode and color adjustment are available on some models.
- Battery Life: You won’t need to be tethered to power stations all the time because you’ll be carrying these laptops around with you. Look for laptops that can last at least 6–8 hours without being plugged in.
- Build and Portability:The weight of your laptop will be determined by the form factor you select, with 11″ laptops being among the lightest. Inquire about notebooks that are both durable and attractive. lightweight.. You don’t have to settle for unwieldy, drab machines just because you’re looking for a cheap laptop.
With the passage of time and rising costs, the demand for low-cost laptops has increased. They are coveted by audiences who want to own dependable computing companions that perform daily tasks satisfactorily.
These devices may lack the fancy, flashy features of their more expensive counterparts, but not everyone requires or is willing to pay a premium for those features. As a result of this market shift, computing brands are now competing in the low-cost laptop market.
There are devices vying to outperform one another: a more powerful CPU in a smaller chassis, a shinier display with longer battery life, and so on.
If you’ve been eyeing a low-cost laptop for a while, now is the time to make the purchase. Products with various focus areas abound on the market.
Laptops like #2 and #4 are also good all-arounders that can be slipped into various shoes for various occasions. For example, while the HP 14a chromebook (#1) is ideal for those looking for good battery life, the ASUS chromebook (#3) is a good option if you want design flexibility.
Make a careful list of your priorities and choose from there; you’ll almost certainly find something that meets your requirements.